Instagram comes with a lot of features, especially for the business account holders to use. Brands that know how best to make use of these features do well in their marketing and drive more engagement from the target audience.
There are lots of reasons why Instagram has gone from a mere picture sharing platform to the big purchase of Facebook. It is today the marketing powerhouse, and that too in just over six years or so from the controversial purchase.
It is all due to the influence of Facebook over the years, and some of these are most remarkable such as:
- It allows the users to use the powerful Ad Manager of Facebook
- It has introduced an algorithmic feed
- It has launched a couple of new apps that will enable users to integrate with Instagram directly and more.
All these have made the channel much more important than before and a more powerful tool to help the marketers to make a better and expand their presence in the social marketing landscape.
Most of the marketers like Blastup and others use Instagram Stories and other new tools that have been added in the past few months. The Instagram Stories, in particular, is most talked about the feature as it allows the users to use different useful ways to:
- Invite their followers into the personality of the brand
- Increase the engagement level in the audience and
- Better brand awareness.
All these features and changes have changed the concept of Instagram marketing entirely and for the better.
Make content more fun and relatable
The new features of Instagram have enabled marketers to make their content more fun and relatable. This will allow you to increase the level of engagement as well as gain a lot of trust from your prospects. The more trust you gain, the more will be the chance of the prospects to become your loyal customers.
All social media channels provide users with a great avenue to drive more audience engagement, which is specifically useful for businesses because it helps them to generate more sales. However, Instagram seems to be the better of them all as it takes the entire marketing to a whole different level. Why? This is because:
- It has more than one billion active monthly users
- More than half of them actively visit their account at least once in a day
- It produces more than 68% engagement among the users with a particular brand
- The Instagram Stories feature enables the brands to showcase their products in a much more exciting and fun way and
- The platform allows users to humanize a brand very easily.
Most importantly, the platform provides the users with an easy way to connect to a larger online community since ‘pictures speak a thousand words.’
Posting is more Critical than Programming
When it comes to marketing, you should indeed have and stick to a proper plan. However, as opposed to traditional marketing methods where panning and programming plays a significant role when it comes to Instagram marketing, in particular, the posting is more important.
This holds in spite of the fact that Instagram Stories does not stick around forever. In fact, it is for this reason you should post more fresh content on Instagram. You must consider this feature much like a TV network that comes with scheduled programming for the entire week, and even for a month. There are certain days in the week when there will be recurring episodes of favorite shows as well.
It is the same for the Instagram Stories feature. You must plan in advance about:
- The content to post
- The way the Story should flow
- Crafting consistent and addictive content and
- Creating a better experience and viewership.
You can even post teasers about any upcoming launch of a product or an event so that the followers know when exactly they need to tune in.
You can use Instagram stickers with traditional Instagram posts to increase the exposure and engagement. You will get different types of stickers in Instagram Stories such as:
- Product stickers
- Poll sticker
- Hashtag sticker
- Questions sticker
- Music sticker and
- Selfie sticker.
You can also use geotags and hashtags that will help you to be found in location-level stories and on social media, respectively.
A few best practices
As a business marketer, you should know what to focus on when you want to gain the maximum benefit from your Instagram marketing efforts while using Instagram Stories feature.
- First, make it a point that you direct the followers to your Stories. This is important because a significant portion, in fact, 60% of the Instagram users are not knowledgeable about this feature yet. This will let a more substantial part of your followers to know about the fresh content that you have posted.
- Secondly, make sure that the text you add to your photos is legible. This may sound a no-brainer, but most of the time, marketers seem to overlook this aspect.
Most importantly, make sure that you create visuals that will count, and you make the best of the couple of seconds that you have to grab the attention of your followers. You can create compelling stories that people will love to watch by:
- Using bright, bold and contrasting colors in the overlays or fonts
- Including a human face to ensure an emotional connection is made instantly and
- Capturing unusual and exciting settings, such as crowds, landscape, and nature.
All this will take you as well as your content that extra mile necessary to stay ahead of your competition.
Summing it up
The success of your Instagram marketing efforts will largely depend on how you use the Instagram Stories feature. The best way to do is to:
- Make the stories interactive
- Re-use Stories
- Run a Stories ad
- Work with influencers
- Experiment with different Stories options and
- Be more creative with text and visuals.
Therefore, if you want to improve the performance of your Instagram Stories, you will need to focus on all aspects, including designing, creating, distributing, and engaging with this feature.
Author Bio –
Kristen Smith has been working on the importance of social media in marketing with thousands of real Instagram followers for her postings.