Humans never like one food all time, same as the dogs. Change the dog food day in and day out basis. Never follow one routine all the time. It never fulfills their body requirements but also fed up to taste the same.
They need variations, so, make a diet rotation plan on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Dogs need a healthy and balanced diet full of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals.
How much do I feed my dog?
Feeding dogs depends on the age, height, and weight of the dog.
Keep in mind every dog has his own diet requirement, not a single diet plan can apply to all dogs. A puppy needs more nutrition for their growth.
The elder dog needs fewer calories. Depending on their unique identity, serving size can’t be predicted.
It can be calculated according to their size. Never stuck on one diet. Follow a Vet recommended diet plan. Consult with a veterinarian or to calculate how much calories your dog needs. Here is a general formula to calculate.
Daily Calories = Body Weight (kg) x 30 + 70
Should I feed homemade, wet, or dry food?
Try to feed your dog food that is unprocessed and natural. Natural food must be grain-free and without artificial flavors. Don’t go for preservatives.
It has some kind of toxins that are harmful to the dog. Natural ingredients can help them feel healthy.
Though wet and dry, both food has some advantages and disadvantages. So give them alternate days. Never focus on one diet all time. You can give them both, sometimes wet and sometimes dry food.
- Some foods must be added in dog food like turmeric, blueberries, green veggies, omega three fatty acids, chicken, eggs.
They reduce the growth of tumors and cancer cells in your dogs. They are rich in fats and proteins and low in carbs.
- Some foods you just need to avoid are chocolates, grapes, onions, caffeine, salty food, yeast, human supplements, Alcoholic drinks, and rotten food. They are toxic food for dogs.
- Transiting a new food gradually to your dog with their regular meal like 20-25% then increase the amount of food over a period of 7-10 days. Otherwise, it creates gas troubles and diarrhea.
Should I give treat meals to my dog?
Give your dog to treat meal. Some human being food s is safe for dogs. Add 10 % of that food in your dog daily meal as treats… Some treat meal includes chicken, banana, yogurt, carrots, and apple.
These foods are unprocessed and low in fats and sugar. Though, the dog can eat human graded food but don’t feed your dining leftover food them.
How many calories my dog need for a day?
How much food a puppy and senior dog need?
While feeding a senior or adult dog, give food that is higher in protein but lower in fats and calories because Adult dogs are maintaining their bodies. A puppy needs more nutrients for their growth and developing organs.
How you keep your dog healthy during coronavirus outbreak?
Due to the pandemic condition of COVID-19, dogs also suffer. People give them to shelter home because of a lack of food and sources.
At home, they are out of the proper diet. Try to feed them home-cooked food as they are less costly and easy to make. It also fulfills the basic nutrients of the dog.
- What should be the time limit to feed my dog?
Don’t try the availability of food all time of day. Give it 2 to 3 times a day and for 10-15 minutes to eat.
If your dog doesn’t eat food at one time, pick that food away and give him to another time. Never leave that food. Just feed them on scheduled time.
- Try to feed your dog separately if you have more dogs. Giving food for all at the same time make sense of insecurity in dogs as some eat fast, and others are deprived of food. This not only changes in their behavior but also many health issues arise.
- Don’t feed your dog in plastic bowls; they grow bacteria and cause illness rather gives them in ceramic and steel bowls. Try to clean bowl properly after each meal, especially when you feed them wet food.
- Fresh, hygienic water is more important to your dog to keep them alive and hydrated. It also causes better digestion and stabilizes the body temperature.
- Dogs can live without food for many days, but they will die without water as 70 % of a dog’s body have a specific ratio of water. Give them water according to their body weight to maintain the functions of the body.